Thursday, April 30, 2015

UGGS and Star Wars???

UGGS!!

Everyone loves their Uggs. I love mine going to the hockey rink with a skinny jean.  I love mine but don't like the prices and expect one (that was a gift) all are second hand Uggs that have been gently used! I even have a sequin red flat that look like ruby slippers. So there are so many designers out there that they are just not boots. There are also cute slippers that I also received as a gift my my loving husband... I did not mention them before because my Dachshund liked them as much as I did and had them for lunch.

I like the fact that Uggs are going beyond the boot and winter shoe. There are not sandals and now
they have gone to the dark side. Yes they are teaming up with Star Wars for these unique styles.
This is the Darth Vader Style shoe as we seen last fall with the Star Wars Inspired gowns and blouses. Here are some of the fashion we saw in the Fall of 2014. 




Uggs are launching this limited edition Star Wars X edition with a Darth Vader theme. These will be launched on May 4th and will be available from $100 to $225 and will be available on uggaustralia.com 
All the styles will be familiar silhouettes and the soft suede will be replaced with sleek leather.


Why would Ugg and Star Wars come together. The Star Wars crowd does not seem to be the Ugg crowd. Please no offense on either side. I have only watched on of these that I remember anyway and it was ok but not fascinated by it so what brought these two together?

The designers at Ugg are actually loved Star Wars movies from their childhood and wanted to make a style after the most iconic figure in the movie. They wanted to make these so that the fans of Uggs can wear them and does not scream I am a Star Wars addict this that they did not want to take the style literally but they wanted to make sure the Star Wars fan would love these and have them for years to come. The limited edition styles are numbered, The pipping on the boots look like a galaxy and the woven material in the inside has famous Darth Vader quotes as "if you only knew the power of the dark side"



So what is the future with this collaboration? Ugg does plan to be rolling out additional collections leading up to the Star Wars VII premiere in December. Each Collection will feature a different character.

So will these be like the Lilly Pulitzer for target... How dare these eBay people buy them up and put them on and sell for a profit!!!!!! They will not be many to go around and will keep you updated on the future roll outs.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
 Lisa the Fashionista!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...