Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Princess is Born!!!!

Princess is Born!

So when each and everyone of you was born there was a princess born!!! We are all princesses and while Princess Kate has given birth to a baby girl we can celebrate the princess in each one of us!

I am so happy Princess Kate has given birth to a girl! I think each and every woman in the world has a smile! It is empowering that a girl can change the world! I wonder what her name is going to be? I am hoping for Mary or Anne but we will see. AS many of you know I was a history major with focus on European History and Egyptian History. So I get a little more excited about these things then most people!


So since this is a fashion blog what do we learn from princess Kate and her fashion.
So how to dress like a princess!
Here in the United States when we think of Princess we think of out iconic Disney Princesses. So we think there is no way I can dress like a princess because I am a grown women. I have an earlier blog that Lauren Conrad has a Cinderella Line and Disney Princesses Bridal line.
Here are some creative ideas on dressing like a princesses everyday! It is what my blog is all about not necessarily the piece.. Princess gown..etc it is about the colors look accessories.

Here we go

Princess Tiana:
This outfit is done in a green hues and natural accessories as she was a frog for most of the movie.  The cute embellished Frog bag brings it all together!

Matte Jersey Drape Dress :Vionnett $1095.00

Green and Gold Beaded Necklace: A-Thread Here $30.00
Green Leaf Headband: Etsy $27.00
William Crystal Frog: Judith Lieber (Don't look at the price) $5999.00.. 
Minerva Lace Ankle Boots: Charlotte $1050.00













Cinderella: (my favorite)
I love light blue as I always feel like a princess!  So I am not going to wear a full ball gown or glass heels but we don't have to dress like the step daughter slave either.


Wool Crepe Belted Dress Light Blue: Oscar de la Renta $1393.00

Black beaded Necklace with ribbon tie: Lanvin $755.00
Carriage Earrings( Hey we need the carriage in there somewhere right:
This look is on the ears: Carriage earrings: Etsy $48.00
Shoes are silver tone: From Charlotte the Ursula heel $795.00
Clock Handbag: (help keep time) $35.00
(I would opt for a classy crystal style watch or ceramic encrusted with rhinestones done in white.











Ariel:



This is my favorite look!
Obviously we are not going to wear a big fin but lets go for the color in a skinny pant!

Spell on you Suzy purple tunic: French Connection $79.00
Green Skinny Jean: Current/Elliott $80
(Bringing in the sea accessories)
The seashell earrings: Oscar de la Renta $295.00
The shoes!!! WOW!!!!! These are gorgeous but opt for a low cost Gold heel from Style & Co
Embellished Heels:  Jerome C Rosseau $685.00
Necklace Brass fork and spoon: De Luca $55.00








Belle:



I love yellow... Maybe it was my mom's favorite color.
Belle is in a vibrant Yellow So the rose represents the beast and there is a tea cup necklace in honor of Mrs. Potts and Chip.  The Kate spade handbag of the classic Great Gatsby since Belle loved to read:

Dress: Ruffle Detail :Dorothy Perkins $27.00
Great Gatsby Clutch: Kate Spade $325.00
Yellow Flats: Salvatore Ferragamo $445.00
Rose Ring: Babble Bar $30.00
Necklace: Spot of Tea Pendant : 193.00







Jasmine:



When we think of Jasmine with think of Gold and Bold as well as that pretty green color!

Necklace: Bold Gold Choker: Tory Burch $395.00
Lace Top: Done in teal and is from Philosophy Price upon request
Trosuser rolled hem: Lanvin $495.00
Earrings: Gold pyramid from Alexis Bitter:$95.00
Bag: Bring in the magic carpet: Emilio Pucci $2400.00









Mulan:

Mulan always looks comfortable but what Disney princess looks uncomfortable ?




Purple Skirt: Dorothy Perkins $29.00
Silk Hot pink Blouse: Vince $112.00
Obi Belt Leather black belt:  Net-a-Porter $550.00
Purple and black heel: Jessica Simpson (purple potion) $99.00
Necklace: Pricey very pricey... Opt for a cheap rhinestone and gold plated version unless you want the gold and diamond dragon. Net-A-Porter $12,000
Flower Hair clip: tessabit $137.00





Pocahontas:


This is a great date night look or a night with the girls:
Top: Polyvore: 24.00
Marc Jacobs fringe Skirt $1095.00 ( I think I would go with a more sophisticated top) If I am paying $1000 for a skirt (which I would never do) I would not cheap it up with the top.. anyway.. IMO... 
Fringe Heel: Charlotte Russe $46.00
Purse Fringe Hobo bag : Jesslyn Blake $280.00 (DSW)
Iconic Turquoise Necklace: Dannjo Malawi $520.00








Rapunzel:


So nothing too fancy Dress is similar to what she has worn in the film; Sunburst earring and a frying pan necklace

Dress: Peter Pan Collar Dress $49.00 Polyvore
Floral Heel: Jeffery Campbell $168.00
Earring: Sunburst Earring from Astley Clark $315.00
Floral Headband
Necklace: Iconic Frying pan.. this also comes with spatula $12.00 Etsy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...