Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I am Back!!! Lets Talk "

I am Back from my Knee Surgery

I had total knee replacement! I am so happy it is over but it hurt a lot more then the last time I had it on the right. I have not been on to write my blog because I was having so much pain. I could not bare weight on it so I went back to the surgeon and he could not believe how swelling was in my leg. I am doing better now! I feel like a slob I mean I am getting dressed and showered but I am just siting here sometimes sleeping and sometimes just watching junk!


Lets talk fashion!!!!


Women are banned from wearing flats to the Canes Film Festival.  This was a unwritten rule. So what do you think?  Well my opinion is that  this is ridiculous as some of the people attending are elderly or have a foot injury r a problem wearing heels. The ban was on women and men attending the Canes Film Festival. There were women turned away from various parties, screenings one was turned away for wearing ankle boots and leggings. Get this.. So you think a wedge sandal is appropriate? No women were turned away for wearing a platform sandal.
These were Banned? Really?

Look at these cute Ankle boot!


























The highlight of the film festival is a movie called "Carol"  Which had a female led cast and Female directors. The movie is about a lesbians romance that occurs in the 1920's and falls for a married woman. Rooney Mara who is one of the actress said the policy is "very disappointment.
























This unwritten policy has no rhyme or reason. There were some women were wearing flats
under their ball gowns. The  Women were seen wearing flats and nothing was done. For example we seen black patent leather flats with black with red heart flats and a Dansko Clog in red. Dansko? really these are mostly worn by nurses or physicians. Well women were not the only ones that were turned away wearing inappropriate shoes.  One journalist was stopped because of his silver rhinestone loafers. Reason was men need to wear black only. Another man was spotted wearing the ever so comfortable and casual boat shoe.
Dansko Red Clog
Adorable Boat Shoe




Is this favoritism or they just want to make sure that there is not tasteless fashion and lets  face it you can have a stunning outfit and a shitty pair of shoes can ruin the outfit.For insistence Chinese actor Sun Zu Yang who was photographed with Paris Hilton was wearing a tuxedo jacket inspired by a disco ball and silver sequined shoes.






















Actress Emily Blunt who attended at press conference for Sicario said "Everyone should wear flats, to be honest." A directors wife was turned away for not wearing heels was turned away as her husband was welcomed in and Director Asif Kapadia said she was eventually aloud in. Organizers of the festival said there was no policy in place for heels were banned. The only requirement in place was that women have to wear a formal dress. 



Here is my take on this! I think it really has nothing to do with the heels. Some people were even turned for wearing a heel. I think it is about style and sophistication.  You don't want a person wearing a meat dress. Shoes that shout look at me with the crazy shoes!  Look at me I look like a Swan. I think that women should dress how they want. Some outfits just do not work with a dress, suits or even Shorts. I think it is more a motive to control the sophistication of the event. 

Some women need help with putting an outfit together and I am here to help! I offer a wide variety of services and I am offering I will do a wardrobe assessment.  I can do this locally face to face or I can do a skype assessment or by email. Let me know if I can help you or you want more information. My email lisathefashionista93@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...