Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Met Gala 2015 Hot Fashion Trends

Fashion's Biggest Night:
Met Gala 2015


The theme for this years Gala was "China Through the looking glass" This is one of fashion's biggest nights and celebrities and designers can take a real risk.
Rhianna: Gorgeous Yellow and a Bold look! What a show stopper!

I see this as a look into the future. These dresses will set the theme for the fall season. It looks like Asian theme and bold fabrics will be the trend coming fall. The correct fashion term is Chinoiserie and this was seen all over the runways for the fall season.  We seen a lot of red and embellished floral gowns.The Met Gala also seen bare skin all over. I think the stars went "the looking glass" version the of the theme but the theme was meant to be a Asian theme. Most of the fashion hit the theme perfect and some were a swing and a miss. I do like the Asian theme fashions I always find them unique and I know Chico's always did a great job on designing fashion for the look.

Kim Kardashian: Definitely Looking through.. not sure it is glass..

The theme saw red all over the "red" carpet . Resse Witherspoon rocked a gorgeous red dress. Simple and perfect. Looks so elegant! She did not need to go over the top and people are still talking about her.. Elegant


Another red look that rocked and pulled in more of an Asian theme is  Helen Mirren. This cut out in the dress along with a bold Asian inspired earrings are stunning!!

This dress has a Asian flair with the long train very dragon like and the print on the wide a-line skirt. Zendaya rocked this look! I the fall look for long train styles in wedding attire and print skirts as well as bold earrings.


Sarah Jessica Parker Looked great in going with the theme of the night. The head dress was a little much but the dress was gorgeous with the Asian embroidery on the hem line. She was just gorgeous!



Let's get away from red and black and go to the gold. When trying to achieve a Asian look gold is more appropriate then silver and this gown worn by Tabitha Simmons looks like a Empress. 


So who was the best dressed? I know Rhianna Looked stunning in the yellow cape but the best dressed is Mrs. Clooney!
Amal Clooney: Was stunning with the look of the Asian red with the bodice that looks like armor! Love love love it!



Tomorrow I will talk about what does this mean for us? We are not going to go to a gala like that or be able to wear any of these dresses. It is about the look, colors and style. I will take you to fall outfits that will take you from the gala to your everyday life!

I am a personal stylist and I can help you achieve your wardrobe of your dreams. A wardrobe that is simple and easy for a pulled together look.
Please email me for details:
I am offer a free wardrobe assessment:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...