Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Surgery Recovery... and what to wear!

Surgery Recovery and Clothes

I will be undergoing knee replacement surgery on 5/11 and I keep thinking what can I wear. I know I will feel like crap but what do I wear so I can feel a little better. I do know that I don't want to stay in PJ's or robe all day while recovering at home so I am going to get dressed in my sweats. I did buy some new items from Victoria Secret Pink and from the Old Navy Active site. Even though I will not put makeup on and I know I will be napping a bit through the day I at least want to feel put together. I know why should I be worried about how I look! I am getting a knee replaced!

When having major surgery it interrupts family and personal routines. Looking good while in recovery will provide a psychological lift.During any surgery your clothing options may be limited but start exploring what will work and what is just not going to work. I recall after my 1st knee replacement my sister came over to take care of me and we were going to go out to lunch and I got in the shower.. it was a week after surgery and I thought.. yes thought I was going to wear my shinny jeans?  OK I am not sure what I was thinking.

So obviously swelling will limit what clothing you wear on any part
of the body. So go with loose clothing pants, shorts and a nice A-line tee or loose sweatshirt. I did get some of my post clothing items off ebay. I got 3 new Old Navy Active Shorts (all 3 $12) VS Yoga pant and a Bling VS tee to go with it. I have been picking items up here and there to get me ready for surgery. I also got a awesome gift from My sister a cute pair of PJ's! Love them!!! Thanks Liz and a awesome mother's day gift from my baby.. JT..
Here are a few things I got to help me recover


With numerous options of casual clothing at home you want to not stay in your nightgown all night... if the PJ's are cute then yes. Buy look "together" or at least make an effort to get something new on cleaned and maybe a little lip gloss it will make you feel better!!










Old navy has some great casual sweatpants as well as Gap. I have bought many in the thrift store... I love saving money... I love the people that write blogs and tell you to go out and get this dress for $770... I tell you look at this dress for $770 now I can get you the style and look for $30.. I do this to myself as well when I need clothing I look for bargains. 

I am also going to recommend wearing shoes when up and around. These will give you support.Hey we will be less steady on the feet so we need more stability!!!!

Remember you want to have control over your clothing pieces. If I need something at the mall or store and try to send my husband out.. oh dear Lord... I am not sure what he would bring home. SHOP BEFORE SURGERY!!!! You only know what preferences you like! 
What if you have a unexpected surgery? Try getting something mail order catalogs or you can hire me to help you with this. (well wait for a month until I recover) There are many options for you out there. We are already going to be feeling like crap so what make it any harder. Dress with comfort but presentable.


There are many options for clothing for different surgeries. If surgery is on arm or shoulder make sure you have garments that ave a lot of stretch or button down.

This time in our like may seem like out of control but we can take care of one thing that is having something decent to wear and to remember to get changed everyday. A little lip gloss goes a long way!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...