Sunday, May 3, 2015

About your Style: What you should know by age 30!!!

What we should know about our style by age 30

There are some things we need to know by age 30 and one of those is out style sense. Do you have a personal style? I know mine really has not changed from then. I love to coordinate, I love shoes! Love the perfect piece of jewelry to go with the outfit.


As discussed we know the outfits you should toss when you are out of your 20's but what should you know about your personal style?

We should know the right way to walk in heels.
J.Crew Heel $280.00



I have knee problems right now so I go for a wedge heel but I can work it! Make sure you keep your abs in and back straight. Practice walking in them if need be. 


















A Bra that fits! 
This is so important and I remember working at
This is from Calvin Klein $78.00
Victoria Secret in college and I remember that when in training that 70% of women have the wrong bra size. I have been there... You see a cute bra and you search for the size you think you are and nothing your size is gone! You then search for something that will fit I will squeeze into it. Don't do it!!! 1. It is unflattering 2. can ruin a very great outfit! 









Your signature jewelry
So what is your style Chunky, bold or daintily and classic? I love both as I believe that a certain out calls for certain Jewelry. By age 30 there should be no question on how we approach jewelry I love classic piece I am not one for glass beads or pieces that look like my son made it. I don't like craft shows for jewelry. I do however like art shows as you can find unique and classy jewelry. Keep Jewelry that you love and wear! Don;t keep around jewelry that is not you anymore. Purge it!

I have this necklace in gold and silver with my initial. This is a go
This is from Kate Spade $58.00

to necklace that I know will always be in style.




















Know what flatters your body and what does not. There are some
This top is from ASOS $48.00

clothes that do not look good on me. Some skirts make my calves look enormous. Usually by this time not much is going to change. Know what works for you and what doesn't. There may be  big trend but it just does not work for you move on to something that works with an element on that style!! Remember I am personal stylist and can help!!!












LA Idol Jeans
Jeans!
Frame Denim $230.00

Know what brand looks great on you. I love the old navy sweetheart jean and I love the skinny INC jean from Macy's. LA Idol is also a favorite as you know a princess loves bling! Are you the same? Go for the LA IDOL! You should know the length and fit that is best for you!





























Colors That Look best on you!
Zara Top $25.00
I know that red and orange looks great on me and most people also think that blue looks good. Know what colors are your go to colors and don't resort to black.You should know what colors to stay away from. I love the color purple but it look hideous on me so I stay away from it!










Dress that flatters your shape!
White House Black Market $190.00

Yes there is a dress for everyone so if you are the lady that does not even own a dress in your closet then go and get one or hire me to help you find the perfect silhouette. You will love a silhouette that you will fall in love with! Knowing the right dress, fit and length are important! This dress to the right is my go to dress!











Love your butt or waist?
Theory $715.00
 
Accentuate the body parts your love and conceal the parts you hate. So know what to show and know what to hide! If you hate your arms try a Kimono Sleeve. Need help! I am here to help!

This is a dress that you wear if you love your back and have a small bust! Just stunning. I would love to wear this but my large bust would never work!








Trends?
Stuart Weitman $550.00
How to do tackle a trend? Know what trend works for you and what does not. If a trend does not work for you I love to incorporate colors or a print that may follow a trend by incorporating the look. So know what trend you will try and what you won't bother!
This sandal to the right is a gladiator sandal and the one that goes all the way up to the knee is not for me? So what do you do? I go for a look that stops at the ankle.





This is more my style:






Hire  Tailor!
J. Crew $148

You should know that you need a tailor to get a great fit on some items. Skirts and dresses are a problem you need to know where it hits you make a difference. I am short so dress pants sometimes need to be hemmed. Love a style of dress but it is too long don't wear it and don't put it back get it shorter. Get a tailor that you go to frequently and have a perfect wardrobe! Look at this blazer how it is a perfect fit. Did not come that way as we all have different length arms and the width of our shoulders.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...