Monday, April 20, 2015

Having a fat day? I am having one of those today!



Happy Monday!

I am not sure if my monthly friend is coming but I am feeling fat today! I even dragged myself to the gym and thought I would feel better but no so I know there are ways that even though I feel fat I don't need to look it because we all know if you look it you feel it twice as much.


We all have days where we maybe indulged in a cheeseburger or we just feel fat and bloated for other "reasons" So we want to feel good even on those days. So there is no dieting required or juice cleansing required for these instantly slimming tricks.

Power of stripes:

I know I do hate vertical stripes especially when feeling fat. They can be our best friend but not when we are feeling fat or bloated. Go for a vertical stripe so that will create an optical illusion.


Use a belt:


We are fooled that a belt will only make us feel and look more fat! This is not true and actually a gorgeous top belted at the waist will give the illusion of a smaller wiast. Get a belt with wide bold design or buckles.

Accentuate your assets:


We need to play up what we know is out best body feature. Play up the positives! Love your shoulders? Go for a racerback tops and dresses and you will look amazing and you will concentrate on something you love about your body. Do you have great legs.. You lucky lucky girl.. (I have stumps) but wear a short skirt or a skirt with a slit up the middle.
If you have curves? Me me... Wear a wrap dress or a fitted pencil skirt. Wear something that accents your best feature and try to mask your most hated feature. 

Wear Heels:

Heels are great if you wear the right pair. Well the great part is they make you have good posture and that alone makes your look thinner and 10 pounds lighter! If you want to lengthen your legs avoid a heel with an ankle strap as it will make your legs look shorter. If you have athletic calves don't go for a stilettos a wedge would be great! I love a wedge heel as this is the most comfortable for me to wear. NUDE heels! These are great because they are tone on tone and will add inches to your legs!

Yes.. to shapewear


No this is not cheating... well we spend so much time looking good why not... Spanx is great as this will erase panty lines and BANISH... BANISH muffin Tops... We all hate the muffin top. Buy the right size because if it is too small you will not feel comfortable and if too lose what is the point?
Make sure you have the right bra as we don't want the girls to spill over a too small bra.

Are you a perfect fit model?
GET A TAILOR!


I am not a fit model as my inseam is not quite a petite and not a regular so I am in between so I need to get my pants hemmed. Hem them to a perfect so they hover just around the ground. Just little touches can make a difference and make you look like a million bucks and most of all clothes that are not tailored to your body make you look frumpy.

Get A Blazer:


A Blazer is for every season! A blazer looks great and looks great for an occasion. Black, Charcoal, Navy is the best bet. I een love a white jacket for the summer.  Get a blazer that fits at the hip a cropped jacket can make you look boxy. Single breast looks much better then a double breasted.

A Line Skirt Dress:


Yes you need a A-line skirt as truly this does look great on everyone! People do say that everyone looks good in a wrap dress not so great if you are round in the middle.
A pencil skirt is not a great choice for those looking to slim your legs. So what looks good on everyone? A-line skirt looks great on everyone! They emphasize a small waist. If you are pear shape slims over hips, thighs and backside. If you are built up and down the A-line skirt or dress will be more of a dramatic look waist to hip.

Go High!


Go high waisted that is.. So the muffin top is evil.. I mean evil I think it is the most hated body part. Opt for a high waist pant for a low rise as a low rise will enhance your muffin top. A high waist skirt, pants will give an illusion of a longer leg but cinches where you are the smallest. Also tuck in your blouse.

These are some great tip to make us look better and make you feel better about yourself.

Still in need of help?

I am a personal stylist and am offering a free wardrobe assessment. Contact me for more information!

Lisa the Fashionista.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...