Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Winter is Over!!!! What to do with my clothing!





Winter is over!!! YAY… So have you swapped out your winter clothes for lighter fabrics. I did little by little. I am about to do the rest sometime today. Some people ask me you have a summer and winter wardrobe? Yes and it is important to store your off season clothing because this is one less thing to go through in your wardrobe in the morning. I don’t want to go through sweaters and the fact of them taking up that much room.


Please clean and repair all your winter fall clothing items. There is nothing worse then getting out your favorite cashmere sweater and there is an odor or a stain. Take your items to a cleaner or if the item is free of stains use the home dry cleaning kits. So everything is cleaned and ready to be put away until August (I know I do it early.... I love fall clothes). You will be so happy you did this now!


I even store boots and shoes. What you say? Yes there are winter shoes for example I have a pair of wool born mules. I am not going to wear winter shoes or my boots. You want to show off your pedicure. If possible store boots in their original box. If this is not a option stuff them with empty water bottles or old magazines make sure not to over stuff so they do not stretch out.


I know some people store clothing in plastic bags. I do put my very expensive Gray cashmere sweater in a bag and then store it. I have clear containers to store clothing. I even have colored ones. Sometimes you can get these on sale after a holiday. Next year at Halloween or Christmas you can get the colored containers. Yes they are black and orange and green and red but they are a bargain. As long as they are not seen it does not matter what the containers look like. You don’t need to see what is in the containers for fall and winter right or even sundresses in the winter? Fold your items so there is no surprises in the fall and I have been guilty in the past just to stuff things in a bag and then having to spend more money when it is not necessary. You don't want to bring out the clothing and they are wrinkled or just damaged by not storing them correctly. Jeans, skirts and blouses can be folded more in a roll style. Some items still need to be hung I would make sure they are not on wire hangers and make sure they can breathe when hanging them up.


Don’t use mothballs… My mother-in-laws closets smell of mothballs and getting even a towel is sickening.  Cedar is a better option as well as lavender and lemon peel rinds. Do not use cedar with fur or leather items or anything that is trimmed in leather as it will draw out the oils in these fabrics.


The biggest thing with storing items is to make sure they are clean!
So happy spring! Dress well.. keep it classy!
My eBay items for sale




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...