Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What to wear to a Graduation ceremony

What do I wear to a Graduation Ceremony?

This is a great question as it is a special event for your son, daughter or other family member as well it may even be for a friend. You want to look pulled together and you don't want to embarrass the Graduate. This is a major milestone and is their time to shine and as an attendee it is not your time to shine. I would recommend a pretty dress and great accessories. You should dress as you would for a wedding or bridal shower and have fun! I think a dress is most likely in order to wear to a graduation ( I know some of you are rolling your eyes) I will also give you some other suggestions.


This is a great pink and white dress that is flirty and has a great look for afternoon 
 and evening.  The first is a high low style from  Quicksilver $85 (Left). My option is from my Store on eBay and is a NEW Ann Taylor Striped dress (right) is on auction now starting at $9.99 or a buy it now for $29.00










This is from Ann Taylor

This next dress is a two tone style and you can chose a dress in these 2 bright colors or opt for a neutral combination. This colorful dress is from French Connection (left) and is $178.00. My option is a more neutral combo and is from Nine & Co (right) and is $19.99







This dress is from Nine & co 

You can never go wrong with a cute Sundress. These is a cute flirty style I would go with a spaghetti strap dress. The dress on the right is from Joie   (right)$348.00
I have an alternative in my eBay store this is from Tommy Hilfiger and I have this for $29.00




























The colors of black and white are a classic no brainier. The Horizontal stripes are 
perfect for figure flattering. This black and white dress is from Carolina Herrera $650.00 (right) I have a black and white dress from Maggie London (left) and I have this on Auction for $6.99 with a $19.99 buy it now!



Maggie London



This dress is a gorgeous blue and white and looks clean and put together. This dress
is from TIBI $425.00 (right) I have a New bebe Blue and white dress (left) ( personally for more of a younger person) $29.99

bebe dress



This is a great combination of colors of yellow and black. I love the print on this 
dress as well. This dress is from Marimekko (right) $328.00. My alternative from my store is a new Ann Taylor (left)dress and is $29.99!



Marimekko Dress





Next advice is go with a bright color! I love a bright Blue or a Bright Yellow like this dress. This dress is from DKNY $355.00 (right).  I have a yellow dress very similar and is from Old Navy $19.99  (Left)this is available in my eBay store.



Old Navy Dress:



So you don't want to wear a dress! A alternative is a classic black or khaki pant. Here are a few ideas.


This look has a gorgeous White and blue ruffle trim neckline blouse with a white trench and a heel or flat whichever you feel more comfortable in




Want to wear a jean. Go for a color jean. I love a coral color. This style has a
gorgeous silk blouse with turquoise beading along the neckline. Cream jacket and a brown heel. The brown heel is darker then the tan silk blouse but pulls it together!















One more. I love navy and white in the winter. Many times in my listings I will put
pair with a navy linen pant for summer. This look is a navy and white polka dot blouse and a flare navy pant. Great chain link purse looks like Chanel and some great sunglasses. This will be needed if the graduation is outside!









You can shop 
these styles an more at my eBay store



So I have given you a few options that will work but still need help! I can help! I offer a free wardrobe assessment but I also offer services as a personal stylist. So only need me for a special event outfit I can help. Email me for details
lisathefashionista93@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...