Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer For Target is Crap! Hurts the high End Brand ask Isaac Mizrahi

Lilly Pulitzer for Target: Bad idea!


So everyone well most people was so excited when Lilly Pulitzer Brand announced that it would collaborate with Target to give the customers high end designer at Target prices. Do you really think you are getting the high end line?

I read some articles that customers that love the high end brand were very upset as they felt they were betrayed because the items they have now have been diluted with this announcement. I have seen proof of this as many designers leave Target because it hurts their brand and reputation! Why do you think The Tag always has FOR TARGET? There is a reason as they try to separate the cheap from the high end. So when you say I am wearing Lilly Pulitzer... don't forget to add the for target but if it is anything like Isaac Mizrahi I can tell the difference. I have not seen the items in person or felt the quality but I know the quality of the high end Lilly Pulitzer and is is very very good.

The brand is a legacy! The brand is worn by socialites and was worn by Jackie Kennedy. These are styles that will never go out of style as it is as fresh as the first signs of summer. It is not my style but so many women love this style and I may wear it on a tropical vacation. I can see it with a straw hat and white rimmed sunglasses! The brand is expensive and as I have said before this takes away from here I am... I am wearing .....Lilly Pulitzer! So I am upset that everyone can buy this brand no... I am worried that you think you are getting quality merchandise and brings the high end brand down. I can get you the high end item for what you would pay at Target. But in the end
d I am not going to lie I will lose money as this deflates the brand that is actually worth something. I have sen it with Isaac Muzrahi and Dana Buchman.  Isaac is starting to come back but I hate when I see the tags "for target"
I think that in the past this is a line that was coveted. So I am not oh poor people don't make my brand crap.. I am not rich nor a socialite but I love quality items and you are not getting it. Isn't that a downgrade as well? Well everyday people we will sell you the tag but it is crap. 

As a fashion consultant I do not see what the craziness is all about. The clothes are not fashion they are just clothes. The collection at Target has the same dress for Mom and daughter.. that may tell you something! Hint.. a 6 year old and a 36 year probably should not be wearing the same dress!

Posting my rant from faebook... 
Why are people so upset about people selling lilly pulitzer on ebay for higher prices then at Target. Well... news flash people it's capitalism.. do you think Target is not making any money on this? It is actually a shame because the high end lilly pulitzer takes a hit. I sell the couture line for a good bit but just checked and the high end lilly pulitzer is selling a lot less then the target brand. The brand takes a hit guess that is why they waited until the designer passed away 2 years ago to do this. I love isaac mizrahi and the isaac mizrahi for target is crap... That is why he said goodbye to them because it did not live up to his standards and as well as many other designers. There was a reason the label said isaac mizrahi for target! and lilly pulitzer for target. They need to separate their brand. Quality from crap. eBay sellers will make money on an opportunity no shame in that. I won't buy a dress for $38 and sell it for $70... actually one just sold on eBay for $48.. $10 profit for terrible terrible quality. Personally not my style. People are wanting customers to boycott eBay sellers why not boycott Target for taking advantage of customers... how much you think Target is making on a dress that cost $38? I have not seen the quality but I have tried isaac mizrahi for Target and it sucks! Just terrible quality and so poorly made. I love isaac mizrahi and his quality of my pieces from his high end line are impeccable and when I see the target pieces it is crap. Trust me... I will only wear his quality pieces. Ok sorry for the rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...