Monday, April 13, 2015

I am no Angel....

So we have all seen the static about Lane Bryant's ad on their lingerie line Cacique I am no Angel. This is about embracing the all women's bodies. We all see the Victoria Secret Angel fashion show in December and the best time of year! When we are going to holiday parties and binging on holiday cookies and dips. Oh well that is why we have this campaign to the rescue!

So is this #imnoangel campaign a great idea and is this what women really want? Speaking for a size 12 once a 6... hoping to get back there..but that is another entry! I say yay... even if I was a 6, 8 10... This is a good idea because the women you are seeing are between a 14 and 18... Reality!


These women are beautiful and I think there is a difference in loving your body and not being ashamed of this but I do not agree with showing too much on the beach and knowing you need to cover up.
As seen here:

I do say embrace yourself but lets look classy: Just as I say when wearing clothing Look classy. above Picture not classy: so you are a bigger girl and want to wear a bikini go ahead: Know when it is not realistic I am not that comfortable.. maybe one day: Here is a classy look:

So is this important: Yes... People need again to realize most women in America are 12-14! Not a 0 which is the average Victoria Secret Model.I think it is great to show that I have curves and I look great! Feel great about yourself and have that confidence! Some people claim that they are looking down at the size 2 more like 0 models... is that what not has been done to the plus size women?
Is this real? and in what world?
So why is Lane Bryant being accused of skinny slamming.. Is there really such a thing? I was a size 26 at a time in my life I still dressed with class and I never felt like there was anyone in my corner to say hey show your curves and love it! Still be classy but be proud of who you are. You may not have control over your size but you have control how well you look and put together.

One blogger is criticizing Lane Bryant stating the size 2 women are real too! Yes they are... but everyone already sees them this way that is the point of the campaign. Some say everyone should include all real women including women with disabilities, trans and alike. 

All women are beautiful and need to feel beautiful about themselves! Most people say you are so put together and so nicely dressed. You look great in everything. It comes natural to me and I do have to think about what I am wearing. I am now offering consulting in my town to help women pick out outfits at the mall or from my store.

Here are a few pictures of me... at any size I think I am beautiful!
2011

2014/15...

2009.... Before surgery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...