Friday, February 27, 2015

WOW... Fashion made the headlines on NBC Today show? Debate White and Gold or Blue and Black

So this is what the different sides actually see!






I did not expect the today show to have the debate about the color of a dress. Earl, JT and I were watching and I said well why are they asking.. it is clearly white and gold and JT agreed with me and Earl thought we were crazy and saw black and blue.
Everyone had an opinion including Taylor Swift...

So clearly people see gold and white and some people see the blue and black.
From what I read it seems to be that it has to do with psychology/vision issues related to the brain's natural process for adjusting to varying lighting conditions; 
Wired has a clear explanation of that theory. 
When this first was posted people thought maybe this was a prank because there was no explanation of why people saw the dress in 2 different shades.
This is from Wired;
Without you having to worry about it, your brain figures out what color light is bouncing off the thing your eyes are looking at, and essentially subtracts that color from the “real” color of the object … Usually that system works just fine. This image, though, hits some kind of perceptual boundary.

So the debate still goes on.. Maybe there are 2 photos floating around. A big hoax or is this really how people see the different dress.
Earl did see the same picture above on the left and said it was blue and black and JT and I clearly saw this as White and Gold. I must admit when I first saw this I said ice blue and gold.

Well... drum roll please!

If you want to buy this dress... You can clearly see the color is blue and black. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...