Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fashion Essentials 2015 11-24.

We went through 1-10 items that you need in your closet for 2015 and beyond. These are great items and you may have them already in your closet. There are some I do not care for like the mens loafer but most of these I have in my own closet. 

11. The Denim Dress
This is a must have! There are so many great options out there. In the spring and summer pair with a wedge open toe shoe and the denim dress can take you into the fall with a great tall boot. Take this out on the town with a high heel! 
Here is an example of a denim dress. This is from Victoria Beckham and you may need her money to buy this! So hop discount! 
This dress will set you back $617.00 from Victoria Beckham

Here is one I have from GAP! NEW with tags. Great now with a brown ridding boot or cowboy boot!
$18.99

12. Pair of Motto Boots.. Motorcycle boot.
They are now calling motorcycle boots and jackets motto. I think it sounds more appealing. Some people may view a motorcycle jacket boot and hard rough! 
This is something to invest in this year! The reason they are a 2015 essential is that they can be worn all year. 
Me personally if I wanted these in my wardrobe I would buy a really cheap pair. But here is an example.
Motto Boot $595..rag-bone.com 

13. Statement Skirt.... 
I have a few skirts in my wardrobe. I prefer a great dress.
Try a wrap, asymmetrical or tiered on a long or short style. Get them on sale!!!! Buy a style that you can wear with a tee, blouse or a great sweater.
This skirt is from Zara.com it is a sarong style $99

Check out my items.. My Ebay Items

14. Shearling Coat
This is a gorgeous option and I have always loved this look! I do advised getting a faux one because I think it is obviously less expensive but it looks just as good. Great inside out items look gorgeous and just has that snow kissed glow that adds to our sense of style. This look is popping up all over the fashion world from coats, bags and even shoes! 
This is a faux shearling coat from BAR III $99 from Macy's

15. Gladiator Sandal.
I love this look! I have a black one and brown one from Steve Madden that in the summer is great with shorts or a cute dress!!
I can not say this loud enough get a pair for summer!!!!! Look on eBay for last years styles. Does not matter on what year they came out but we are going for the look!
This style are from Sam Elderman and are $45...

16. BOHO Tunic

This is a great style that has not gone away. Last season the BOHO Suede Fringe was huge and will continue into Spring and Summer. I would opt for something classic and basic. Maxi skirt, dress or a chic 70's inspired piece for the upcoming season!

This is a great blouse that will keep it simple.
This is sister Jane Blouse; from Urban outfitters $95

I have a few boho items that I have picked from my own store. 
This is a new dress from JAX $39

Or a St Barth Blouse Navy and White $19

17. Retro Polo Shirt
This is a great classic style. I have had a red polo that I have had in my wardrobe for a few seasons. I pair my red polo with a red white and blue plaid shorts.
Maybe the BOHO is not your thing try this great staple
This style is from Demylee Loren J.crew $179.. ouch.. I would NEVER pay that much for a polo shirt!


Check out what I have in my store. This is from LACOSTE and is yellow and white Polo $19


18. Tailored Shirt Dress.
This is a great dress. I like a denim shirt dress.. 2 styles that are must have into one. This year style will be a more tailored style. Last years over sized style is out and opt for the more tailored style.
This dress is from Thakoon Addition $425
ummm. no thanks..
I have a gorgeous option done in the hot color of Yellow from Sandra Darren $24.99.. NEW with tags
19. Pendant Necklace.

This is from shopbop.com $230.. Kohl's has some great pieces.

20. Colorful Suede Skirt

This style and colors are taking advantage of the suede that so many people just think for Fall and Winter. Every color just looks richer in suede. DO not go for black and brown... go for a unique color!
This skirt is from hm $129

21. A Chic Carryall..

This is such a great bag to have now I know some have a Louis Vitton carryall but I bought a pink one I bought last year for $25. 
I love it. I used it for the pool and now I use it for the Y...
The bag you want to get is a bag that not only practical but fashion forward for 2015.
Don't opt for one that looks to casual.. Like a Canvas LL Bean or Lands' End bag. Also I am no talking about a 31 bag or Vera Bradley. I am not a fan of the last 2... no offense but I hate those bags. In my opinion they are sloppy.
The fashion must haves are calling for a rich leather or suede. I would buy a faux leather or suede. 
This bag is cute.. Leather Tote..from markandgraham.com $199

22. Utility Skirt

This is cute style...and this style is a relaxing style. In 2015 you will see the more feminine styles that can take you anywhere on the weekends. 
This skirt is from 
Isabel Marant green wrap Jaci skirt, $195

23. Modern Lace Dress
I love lace and this is perfect look is perfect. My favorite lace style is a black lace overlay on a beige or flesh color. Lace is everywhere especially on dresses. I mean not only on a stunning cocktail dress but casual dresses.
This dress is $50 and is from

Now I have a lace skirt from Banana Republic on ebay $19

24. Something Ruffled
Ruffles are so cute and can add that spacial touch to an outfit. I have in my store on eBay a DKNY Black wool coat with a ruffle trim not only along the neckline but also on the cuff of the sleeve.
Be careful with choosing a ruffle don't get that 80's blouse you have been holding onto hoping it would come back in style! 
Ruffles can also be intrepid as a Peplum style. This trend is about movement.

This peplum shirt is at Barney's New York and is $550
Yeah right.. really a white shirt for $550.. Since I recommend getting a new white tee or blouse every year I would not spend $550 or even $50

This cute ruffle trim jacket from Chico's the Travelers line is $19

So here is the top 24.. sorry not 25 top must haves for 2015!!!

Remember you are not going for this exact style. Have fun and take the theory of the look. For example.. tomorrow the Emmy Fashion.. We are not all going to go out and buy a yellow or red ball gown but we can take the hot colors and styles and incorporate them in our own sense of fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...