Saturday, February 28, 2015

What to wear at sporting events?

I always think what am I going to wear when cheering on my favorite hockey player my son JT! I also think about what is appropriate to wear to a game how do I look put together but don't want to appear overdressed. 

This also comes to question on what do you wear to a pro sporting event? So we will tackle that first! You want to look cute but not so overdressed where you stand out? Right?
It is really hard when you have to into a cold rink and the only thing you want to wear is your down coat and a pair of uggs.

So I searched a little and I personally thinks it depends on your own style and how comfortable you are with your style and the other factor is that what environment will you be in? Will you be in a warm stadium, wet soccer field, bitter cold rink?

These are funny.... The first picture is of Beyonce at a basketball game. They have her wearing a stylish hat but most likely she was in the front row.. I don't know about you but I am hoping I am not sitting behind her! LOL... I know this would not work in a ice rink as I would be the talk on both teams!

This next look is a cute simple style for a baseball game. Cute tank and accessorize. Today I accessorized  a bulky Cardigan with a skinny jean and a tall burgundy boot!
So this next style shows How you can turn a basic tank into a cute look.. layer some pretty bracelets and a cute earring.


Wear makeup! A boring coat and a boot will look better with a bold red lipstick. Red really is not my thing so I love wearing a shinny brown and I just notice putting that on makes everything look better. I think thought bold lips with anything dressing will make you look high maintenance.


Jersey or no jersey?

If you want to wear a jersey wear a fitted one. I have worn my sons hockey jersey with a skinny jean but when I go to a professional hockey game I will wear my fitted jersey.


I love to dress up and I mange to do that on a daily basis. It is hard to dress for a kids sporting event. I do struggle by wanting to just fall back on jeans, boots sweatshirts or in the summer flip flops and a tee. The bleachers are uncomfortable and you don't want to look like you tried to hard or not trying hard enough.
Dressing for kids sporting events can be tough for many reasons.. We are not at a professional game that is temperature controlled.  For me this is a rink that may be cold but if I am not familiar with the rink it may be warm.

1. Dress for the weather!
 Here is Ohio the weather can be so tricky especially during baseball season. Last year one night during June I had a coat jeans and a sweatshirt during a baseball game.  Then 2 days later shorts, tee and flip flops.
I love layers! This looks stylish and put together. Tee, jacket or sweater and swap out your purse for a stylish tote to hold your layers so you can hold the layers and maybe a pair of shades.

2.Wear the right shoes! 
The fields can be wet and dirty and the bleachers can be slippery.
What do we want to wear... Athletic shoes or flip flops!
Wear a driving shoe that can look great and stylish but can be wiped clean if you wander into the mud or you are leaving the hockey rink and it is snowing!
I am a fan of boots! Love the cozy uggs and the tall boots but in the beginning of hockey season which is most likely in September I don't want to pull out the boots so I would like to wear a cute athletic shoe. I have a pair of high top coach shoes that I love and pair o Tommy Hilfiger plaid shoes.

Here they are!


What not to wear to a game?
Heels are bad for any kids sporting event! 

Stick with your style!
Sometimes the hardest part of kids sports is the other parents as it can be huge trying to fit in. JUST BE YOURSELF!!!
If someone wears sweatshirt and sweatpants that does not mean you have to wear the same thing! I sometimes do wear the team sweatshirt and I do accessorize it! There is a mom on my sons hockey team that always looks s cute! She had a scarf made from her sons old tee shirts and wears it so stylish!

Go for your style!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...