Wednesday, February 11, 2015

10 Fashion Lessons we learned from Kate Middleton and ou Own Princess Kate Monica Day!!!

What 10 fashion lessons we have learned from Kate Middleton.

What has Princess Kate taught us about fashion?

1. Hats are the best accessory! 
She loves her hats but it is customary that if she is at a Royal Duty she must wear a hat. She must wear a hat at all Royal functions.
Also needs to walk 2 steps behind Prince William.
I love wearing a hat when I am having a bad hair day.. with short hair it is a little hard since you don't want to look like a boy.





2. Don't Dress older.. Well beyond your years.
What does that mean? I also think don't wear fashion meant for kids. I love it when I see a 70 year old women with gray hair wearing LOVE PINK sweatshirt! LOL
Ok back to Kate. Being a Royal sometimes you need to dress boring or fashion that is more suited for a queen. She now chooses items to go with her youthful style. 









3. It is ok to wear a outfit more then once.
I have a hard time with this one but I have learned from her that take a outfit and put a new pump with it or add a belt. Wear bold jewelry. Take the outfit to a new level.






4. Good Fashion does not mean a lot of $$$
Of course she can afford anything she wants but she is savvy like me. Why would I pay for something that I am not getting the most out of my money.
She has known to wear styles that us commoners can afford! The day after her wedding she wore a ZARA dress.
It was a rumor she shops on Reiss , Topshop and warehouse.
She met Michelle Obama in a $350 Reiss dress. This caused so much buzz that the website crashed and sold out immediately.
Kate also bought 3 dresses and a blouse for $350 before her wedding. It is nice to know that she values the dollar. Even though I can afford it I would never pay full price for a item! NEVER...






 This dress was worn to White House to meet Michelle Obama.. $350 dress was available to the public!


5.Wear 2 wedding gowns if you are undecided.
Not sure if I agree with this but most brides are doing this now!
Go for the traditional look for the ceremony and then for the party wear something a little more daring. Though she wore a elegant Satin A line dress and added a crop angora sweater.






6.Navy is the new black. 
I remember when her and William were engaged and that Navy Wrap Dress she wore was stunning. Everything in that style sold out immediately. Old Navy had a dress that was called Royal Navy.
She had a gorgeous Lace Navy Dress.






7.USE a Tailor!!!
Get pieces altered to fit you! We don't have the perfect figure and we shy away from items that don't fit us right. Tailor can fix this.



8. Sheer Hosiery
This is practical and Chic!
Wear hose that matches you skin!  I love the summer when I don't need to wear hose but I can get a tan and it looks great!

9.Less is not always more
Before Prince William.. She wore a risque piece that was meant to be a blouse and she turned this into a dress and her undergarments were visible. I am sure she wishes she could burn that photo.




10.Be true to your own style! 
Trends come and go! You can add pieces to your style that are trendy. There are so many variations of trends that it works well. I would love to help anyone.
She sticks to her own style with sometimes not spending the money!




She styled her hair and makeup on her wedding day. She also opts occasionally to pick her own clothing out. This is a true peoples princess.

We have our own Princess! I personally think our own Monica Day for NBC news looks simialr to her... She has style and is so down to earth! 

Take a look and tell me what you think?

They say everyone has a double! Right? She is not only beautiful but so very talented! Take a look at these pics... 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...