Thursday, February 19, 2015

Rockabilly Fashion? What is it?

What is Rockabilly Fashion?

I have been wondering what the heck is it? I know it was a style of music but so many people on eBay will say "rockabilly style"... I decided to do some research and figure out what is rockabilly style.


Once I discovered the fashion sense of the Rockabilly girl I came across the fact that all women have some kind of fashion rules. They follow some soft of rules for fashion and it is rare to meet a women that does not have a set of rules. Some people may argue with this but a person that does wear active wear almost everyday this woman does have a set of rules maybe for a wedding or a date. 
I have a very athletic friend.. actually will be running in the Boston Marathon and she is stunning! Outside her fitness routine she has rules of fashion and she wears it well.


1. Rockabilly Hair: Bold Color! You usually don't see a blond "rockabilly girl" if they do have blond hair it is a white blond. Also they do their color at home since there is no highlights. Bangs are a must have or can be faked. The rockabilly girl also uses a variety of hair accessories like bandanna, flowers or bows.

2. Rockabilly Fashion: Pencil skirts, cropped trousers, short sleeve shirts and halter neck dresses and tops. Now colors: Red, Black, White and Navy. Maybe this is an idea if you just have these colors in your wardrobe you never have to worry about "does this match"
Patterns also matter and you most likely see Polka Dots, Gingham (which is very very hot this spring and summer)
Guess they also embrace motifs as Cherries, Skulls, Dice and Bows. I do not specialize in this style but if you want to embrace this fashion trend there are a number of shops online and search eBay for "Rockabilly"





They look very much like pinup girl and Katy Perry is well know for rocking this style! It also seems that tattoos are a must. So if you want to wear this style embrace it because a "rockabilly" girl is very confident!  As I have said before if you want to try this style maybe get a polka dot dress or a A-line mid length skirt.





Wear what you want to wear! Be confident and looked pulled together! That is my biggest pet peeve if you need help ask. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...