Thursday, March 19, 2015

What Life Lessons Can we Learn From Fashion

Life Lessons we can learn from fashion!

I know most people could care less about fashion or what they wear. I personally think this is a big mistake. I work from home and go to the gym in the morning bring my clothes and makeup because I know if I wear my sweats out of there... they will stay on and no makeup will be put on that day. I think being put all together is something every women can try to accomplish. I am not saying go out and spend $1000's on a closet full of clothing. So what can we learn from fashion?

1.Pieces that work together are better then one piece alone.

I am guilty of this! Come on.. we buy a air of shoes that have a gorgeous color or a top that is very unique and then it sits and sits in your closet.  Pieces need to play off on one another to create a style that is "pulled together". 
Life Lesson? Is this not in true life? Working together will accomplish more then working alone. OhioHealth has a great slogan We instead of me!



2.Have Exceptional Pieces instead of a closet full of boring clothes.
I do have a closet full of clothes and they are exceptional pieces. It
is not because I spent a lot of money on them it is because I am thrifty. I love clothing and I found a way to dress as well as I do and I don't spend a lot of money!
Now when I was growing up we had very little money but Christmas and Easter was a big deal to my mom and we would get new outfits as well as clothes we can wear all year!
I do remember my freshman year starting a new school in California with my Aunt Barb and she took me to a store and said go ahead you have $500 to spend pick out your clothes? I was on a high for fashion since.
When having pieces that are quality and not quantity it does make for easy pulled together dressing!
Life Lesson?
Why run around trying to do everything? You fill your life with countless activities and over extend yourself. Fill your life with more important activities and people.

3.Trend not your style? Skip it!
Yellow is trending right now as I advised in a earlier blog but not
everyone looks good in yellow. We do need to ask if this style is me? For example Leggings and Mini Skirts... Not with my German thighs! It is not for me and that is not going to determine I am not fashion forward.
Life Lesson?
Learn to know yourself! What is going to work for you and what is not. I love the 60 year old have PINK across their ass? PINK is awesome but leave it to the college student.
That is not who you are. Not saying to dress erotic either just don't go for every trend.



4.Tailor is your best friend!
This is true especially if you are short like I am or just have
different body shape then the size 2 model it was based on! I love a pair of pants or jeans.. uh no does not come in Petite Like LA Idol Jeans... no petite and inseam is 34 inches... take it to the tailor. If you are great at sewing awesome! 
Life Lesson?
We need people in our life to help us! Spouse, Children, Doctor, Nurse we can not do certain things on our own. Can I do my knee replacement? No I let the Dr Handle that!


5.Get items repaired!
Don't let a let items sit in the closet because they need a zipper or
need that watch battery. Get this fixed! Yes it is a spacial trip and possibly out of your way but make the effort?
Life Lesson?
Something in your life is broken and is valuable you will fix it!







6.Look for inspiration don't duplicate!
What we see coming down the runway are not usually worn by the
average person. Some Couture houses make the runway garments for the high end client that wants it like Madonna or the Queen of Monaco. Take in the colors.. the style the silhouette. We take little things from couture fashion. I love watching the Grammy's or Oscars as this set the tone for the season ahead. Am I going to wear that dress hell no but I can take simple things from the fashion.
Life Lesson?
Be your own person! Be your own hero! Take inspiration from others but you don't have to be a mirror image. 

7.Is that item really worth the money?
This is true in many circumstances. You walk in walmart and there
is a pair of Australian inspired boots.. Wow.. $19 great I am saving about $150. It is not worth it! UGGS are so well made and will last forever!
Life Lesson?
People are the same way have people in your life that are enrichment in your life. There are a lot of people that are poison and that needs to be out of your life. Sometimes it takes time to see the quality of that person.. Like the boots in walmart they will not all apart right away but over time it is worth to have the UGGS.


I hope you can take life lessons in everything we do as everything happens for a reason!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...