Monday, October 5, 2015

Rain Rain... Go away... but if it doesn't?

Raining? Help!!! What am I going to wear now!!!


We have all been there... Have a gorgeous outfit picked out either for work, a night out with
the girls or a date and then you see the dreaded rain. I hate that! The other night I had a date with my husband of 19 years and I was going to wear my leather pants and black knee high boot and a Merlot wine sweater.... and then it started to rain and rained all day. Well there goes my outfit choice so I was scrambleing to come up with something Else that is rain friendly but stylish. So I came up with a Ralph Lauren Jean Riding pant and a red wool fisherman knit from Ireland and my ugg boots. Here are a few tips on how you can look great while it is raining. Because lets face it... our hair my fall flat or look like with stuck a finger in the electric outlet and we instantly have the frizzy look!


Here are 10 tips that you can count on that will not ruin your fashionista status in the rain!

1. Trench Coat or Rain Coat!
#1 rule invest in a rain coat or a trench coat! I opt for a trench coat because it is versatile. You can wear it even when it is not raining. I know most people think of a beige color when you hear trench coat... Go for color... I have a cobalt blue trench that I love!!! here are some examples!



2.Wear Dark Colors!
I know.. you don't want to match the gloom weather.. but wearing dark clothing is probably your best option during the rain. This is for the person that is prepared but not sure when it will rain? If you wear lighter colors and get stuck it the rain the clothing will get see through quickly.
This outfit is adorable.. the navy sweater and the chambray shirt underneath it with the plaid scarf.. (to put over your head in case of the rain and then finish it off with a red rain boot.



3. Wear bright accessories.
This will not only brighten your mood but you can touch someone Else's!
Wearing a bright color will get you noticed and people will comment on how great you look!!
4. Wear something with a hood.
So your cute coat does not have a hood.. invest in a coat that has a hood or layer a lightweight hoodie under your clothing. I would rather wear a trench coat and bring the umbrella.. I would also make sure my trench as a hood!


5.  Have long hair and it is curly?
Try doing a cute braid because leaving it down will create a frizzy hot mess!



6. Invest in a cute Rain boot!!!
Yes please wear a rain boot. Some people are afraid of these but go for it! If you wear another shoe you are risking it to get ruined. Rain boots have come a long way since my childhood with the squeaky yellow rain boot that looks like you are a firefighter!


7.  Put flats in your bag...
Heading to the office or out to the mall... throw in a flat.. even though the rain boots are cute no one wants to wear them all day! why flats and not heels.. flats are easy to put in your purse. here below are even some flats that are for the rain.. "rain Flats"


8. Be prepared!
Rain usually equals frizzy hair.. have a anti frizz product with you!

9. Waterproof Makeup!
This is a no brainier.. no one wants mascara or your eyeliner running down your face!


10.  Avoid Materials that will get ruined!
avoid suede and leather!



Want free shipping?


Do you want to look like you stepped off the red carpet for a upcoming event? I Can help! I know some woman are not comfortable in picking out clothing and for that special occasion. Here we are in the midst of parties for the fall and the holidays. I can help! I am a personal Stylist! I have clients that I have just a few times a year that hire me to dress them for a party or an special event.




I love to see my customers saving money.. I sell top brands for a fraction of the cost. I Sell used and New Items. The used items will be like new. I would never sell something I would never wear. Some of my clients have money but why spend the money on clothing and wear it once. I do not like to wear the same thing twice. That is why when I had my knee surgery I was going crazy! I love to dress up and I know you do as well so check my store out to save you money!



I do offer a free wardrobe assessment.. I can work with the clothes you already have in your closet. You may need help putting things together or even adding a few accessories to you already awesome clothes! I am also available to shop for you either in my store or from other stores. You can either go with me or not... You will be very happy you did this.
References are available upon request

Email me with any questions:
lisathefashionista@gmail.com
forournumber93@gmail.com














No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...