Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fashion Trends from the 90's that are coming back!! Really?

So what fashion trends are coming back from the 90's...

I maybe the only person that thinks that styles from a certain decade
need to stay where they are. I see some people I went to school with that dress like they are there!!! I know there are some styles that are just classic and will stay in style. I know what you are thinking... I thought the 70's style is back for the fall season? It is but it is updated and you are not going to find a itchy polyester flare pant on the runway!

I did some reasearch and 90's style is coming back with a vengenece! Here are what is coming back and what is my opinion..


1. Mom Jeans.. High waisted Mom Jeans...
I hate this trend.. I think of my jeans back in the 90's and how horrible they were because of the fit! They were aweful... 
--- Stay in the 90's

If you must have them here is a pair from Top Shop $70
Go to a thrift store you will get a better deal.


2. Knee high Socks.  These are cute...
---- Love these...
These are from Simply Vera by Vera Wang Kohls $9.00


3. Graphic Band Tee..
I was never into concert tee shirts.. Even in high school I think it looks sloppy!!!
-- leave back in the 90's

But if you must.
Super Graphic Tees $13.00
or get them used on eBay...
My husbands store sells concert tees..




4. Crop Top... If you are built like Taylor Swift or alike then go for it.. I never wore a crop top since the early 80's when I was 11.. If you are the apprioprate age then go for it,
---- wear when age apprioprate
This is from Charlotte Russe.. $17

5. Oersized Flannel Shirt... 
When I hear this. I think oh no I am not a hill jack... So I think plaid is coming back but maybe not the flannel shirt.
--- Plaid shirt yes.. flannel... maybe not so much
This is from Old Navy.. Many options.. it is plaid but not that soft flannel brushed cotton.. $27


6. Dr Martens..
These are a great well made shoe from England. I did have a pair of these in the 90's.. I like they way they look. But I have been selling these for years.
--- yes go for it!
7. Jean Skirt!
I always love a jean skirt!
--- Go for it!
This is from Christopher & Banks $18.00

8. Denim Vest...
I remember wearing a denim vest with a black mom jeans and thought I was the shit... 
- leave it in the 90's
but if you must..
This is from Maurices.. $29


9. Denim Overalls!
I always loved these but I put one on yesterday and it was horrible..
I looked like a potato sack... 
---- leave it back in the 90's
These are from Old Navy $37

10. Plaid Skirt!
I have always loved a plaid skirt! I have many avaiolable in my store!
-- yes put this in your closet


I love a plaid skirt with a tall boot! This is from Lands' End $45




11.  Denim Jacket.
This is a staple in any closet. This would be great dressed down but this would be cute with a maxi dress .
--- go for it!
This is from Charlotte Russe $37

12. Embroidered Vest.
This gives an outfit a nice BOHO look!
--- go for it!
This one is from Carole Little $50

13.  Bucket Hat
These are adorable! Great for the fall and winter weather!
-- go for it!
This is $30


14. Hoop Earrings
Did these ever go out of style?
-- yes go for it!
These are from Michael Kors $29

15.  High Top Sneakers..
I think this style is cute.. I actually just got a pair of these... 
These are $90 used
--- yes yes yes..

Do you want to look like you stepped off the red carpet for a upcoming event? I Can help! I know some woman are not comfortable in picking out clothing and for that special occasion. Here we are in the midst of parties for the fall and the holidays. I can help! I am a personal Stylist! I have clients that I have just a few times a year that hire me to dress them for a party or an special event.










I love to see my customers saving money.. I sell top brands for a fraction of the cost. I Sell used and New Items. The used items will be like new. I would never sell something I would never wear. Some of my clients have money but why spend the money on clothing and wear it once. I do not like to wear the same thing twice. That is why when I had my knee surgery I was going crazy! I love to dress up and I know you do as well so check my store out to save you money!


I do offer a free wardrobe assessment.. I can work with the clothes you already have in your closet. You may need help putting things together or even adding a few accessories to you already awesome clothes! I am also available to shop for you either in my store or from other stores. You can either go with me or not... You will be very happy you did this.
References are available upon request

Email me with any questions:
lisathefashionista@gmail.com
forournumber93@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...