Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The MAXI Dress!!!! How to dress it for any Occasion

The MAXI Dress!!!
If you know how you can wear it you will love it!

This is one dress that I would recommend getting in petite if you are under 5"4.  Or you can spend the money and get it hemmed. I also recommend trying this on as I have learned from my own experience that once you get this home and then realize.. I am really that short?

The Maxi dress is something you can throw on and go and look fabulous! Since I had my knee surgery in May I have turned to the maxi dress time and time again because it covers my knee scar and the swelling and I look great! My niece wore one this weekend and looked adorable! We are the same height so she did get the petite and looked so cute! You can wear it anywhere, anytime and with anything! I personally think Old Navy has the best Maxi's and at a great price (love my blue and white one).  I now even love them more then shorts! Here are some examples where the maxi can be for any occasion.

Need Something sporty to wear?

This was a great dress for me a few weeks ago when I went to my sons baseball game and then had a birthday party right after that. I did not feel like I was overdressed for the game but not under dressed for the party! Who does not love a dress that you can wear a sneaker with? I actually wore mine with a sporty Nike flip flop. 

This style shown is from Old Navy and is a hi low style.. This would be great to wrap a blue blouse around the waist.



Wedding?

Yes a maxi dress can be worn to a wedding. Dress it up. Wear a gorgeous black strapless style. There are weddings where the maxi will not work but if it is a fun wedding you don't want to be too formal. Great strappy heel or a awesome clutch. This dress lose the hat.. pair with a blue strappy heel and a blue clutch. Put your hair up and you are ready to go to that wedding and look fabulous!


Party? Pool or Backyard?

This pretty multi color dress! Put your swimsuit under this so you are ready for anything!
In this picture pair with the strappy casual sandal and sunglasses! 


Maxi Dresses are a favorite because of their versatility, comfort and they are flattering!
Now the the maxi with the side slit is also very very trendy and here are a few looks and a few tips on wearing this gorgeous new take on the Maxi.

If wearing a slit maxi pair it with a pair of heels. Either a strappy sandal or a cute little bootie.

Maxi skirts are best with crisp blouses or jersey knits. Pair your maxi split skirt with a hat and a strappy sandal and don't forget your trendy bucket bag.

Do you want a more sophisticated look with your maxi split skirt? Try the more wool or tweed or heavier cotton works best. Pair it with a cashmere sweater.

If you are wearing the maxi slit try not to show too much of another body part. There is a differenece between looking trendy and looking trashy.






I am offering a free wardrobe assessment. I can even do this via skype. What this means is I will look at your wardrobe and let you know what is working for you according to your style and your lifestyle as well as your body type. There are very many hot items that don't work for everyone. I can help.
Please email me with questions or details:
lisathefashionista93@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...