Tuesday, September 8, 2015

So What are Fashion Faux Pas?

Fashion Faux Pas?

Ok.. So I know there are some fashion faux pas it is the moment you look down at your outfit and
realize that OMG.. what was I think today. And no it is not white after Labor Day. Have you ever went out know the shoes you have on are uncomfortable and look hideous well yes we can learn from these Faux Pas.  Here are some things to think about before getting dressed and having the regret! One thing to remember no matter how good it looks it you are uncomfortable it is not worth it!






1. Can I walk in these Shoes?
So the shoes are stunning and these ones are expensive. I went to a wedding and a bride actually wore these and tripped not only down the aisle but when she and her future husband was lighting the unity candle! So was it worth $2000 and I only knew about these because she posted on facebook.



2. Is this too tight?
I know I have been in this position many times. Not only is this sloppy dressing but you will be uncomfortable! Jeans that you struggled to put on or blouse is so tight it hurts under your arms
Or.. the dreaded Muffin Top


3. Is it to Reveling?
Ever go to work and realize that your black bra under your white shirt is showing? Or you realize that you top is low cut and loose and you bend down and are creating a show for everyone to see!

4. Undergarments? Yes this counts.. Do they fit perfectly?
If you are constantly readjusting.. Get a bra fitting! If you are constantly pulling your bra up this will be a horrible day.

5. Is this something I chose?
Did a friend talk you into a dress or jeans that look great on a hanger but where in the HELL am I going to wear this?

6.  Am I under dressed?
This happens.. go out and you are in a restaurant and guess what you are the only one in jeans and a tee shirt.. and you want to know why they are sitting you by the kitchen. If you are thinking should I wear jeans? If you are thinking it skip it.. this way you will not feel uncomfortable. I do think you could dress up jeans.. but below is a no no

7. Am I overdressed?
You can show up to an event and think ok.. people are going to think I am trying to hard... You wear a cute upscale dress to a party and everyone else is in jeans and a sweater..
Look below.. do we all wear this to drop our kids off and have lunch with the moms?

8. Will I be hot in this?
So we are always so excited when fall comes but sometimes we dress as if it Thanksgiving and it is still in the 70's... Always check the weather.. you wouldn't leave the house with a umbrella up? 
So if you can't resist like me... layer


9. Will I be Cold in this?
Same concept here.. I am very guilty of this because...always bring a sweater or coat near by or in a big purse.. Yes even though below is suede.. you will maybe like to wear it with tights and a tall boot

10. Will this Stain?
I know that if there is red sauce involved or red wine.. I will not wear white. I have ruined so many dresses, pants, tees.. Tip.. Have a big interview.. Don't wear white

11.  Are these shoes going to give me blisters?
When you have new shoes try them out before going in all day. 

12. Do I look like my daughter in this?
Style has no age. But don't dress in the junior section

13. Is this purse big enough for my stuff
Wallet, Phone, Makeup.. keys (I just got the iphone6 plus) So I need a purse that will fit everything

14. AM I over packing?
Ok I do this all the time.. I just think well you never know and I like to prepare for everything. I try now to only pack what will fit in my Dooney overnight bag for a quick stay or weekend. I do have a story.. My sister and I were going to Montreal for the weekend and guess what? She made fun of me for taking a big suitcase... well we get to Montreal and they lost her luggage...

15. Is my suede or leather  going to get ruined if it rains
Snow? Check the weather!






I also know that there are many many parties and gatherings that some women are just not comfortable dressing for an occasion and need help picking out the perfect outfit! I can help with this as I am a personal Stylist! Are you the soccer Mom that has a party to attend to with her husband and need help with a dress or outfit so you look like a million bucks! I can HELP!



** when you like us on facebook please let me know and I will send you a code for shipping at my store** Send me a message via facebook or email me at lisathefashionista93@gmail.com or forournumber93@gmail.com




I love to see the savings I am giving my customers. I have clients that have money but why be stupid and waste it on something you will wear a few times. I may be crazy but am I the only one that hates wearing clothing more then a few times. Except for jeans.... When I was working in a office I was told by a friend that she has never seen me in the same outfit twice. I thought that was a compliment.
I can help you achieve that. 
I offer a free wardrobe assessment. I will help you with you currently have in your closet and put together looks for you...I also can be hired to shop for you either at stores or at my store. Just email me with questions! I have references available upon request.
lisathefashionista93@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...