Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Fashion Rules we learned from Dressing a Princess

Fashion Rules we learned from Dressing a Princess!

When we think of the perfect woman that always looks stylish, polished and proper we think of Kate Middleton. Yes we know this is her job to look great but she has a certain style and pose.  She looks great even when she is not on "duty" she just always looks perfect!

She wears designers that we all have heard of or will hear of and it is something we all can wear and buy!

This dress above is from Goat by Jane Lewis and this label will be offered now  at Saks Fifth Avenue later this year. Lewis said " I owed it to the everyday woman to bring these styles to America" Also corporate America needs to embrace the fashionista in the office. As in years past corporate America never was  a place for woman to be fashionable. They needed to be taken seriously and that is where the boxy men's suits came into play but now Fashion in corporate America is not a sign weakness as it once was. Now the workplace is perfect for showing off your personal style. Here we can learn from the person that dresses Princess Kate on how we can look polished, pulled together.. and a princess in our own way!
*** Work Environment is a great way to show off your personality***

1. Think About Your Wardrobe!
We all see the fashion magazines and style segments on style in the workplace. Remember what works in one workplace it may not in your own. Be aware of what is acceptable. For example I had a friend that looked awesome in a wool short and turtleneck and a tall boot. However, shorts were not allowed in the workplace. Even though she looked better then half the workers there (who looked like a train wreck and sloppy) shorts were not permitted and she was sent home. So be aware.
-be honest with yourself on trends
-pick up key pieces 


2.  Don't be afraid of color!
Experiment with colors.. most of us in the corporate world have navy, black and white and that is about it.. If you are really afraid of color then go to the rich burgundy or forest green to add a little color to your work wardrobe.


3. Rely on accessories to update your wardrobe;
Sometimes we love the clothes we had last fall or winter and just need a little updating them. Go for it, It cost less and it can make a old outfit new!
-Go for a statement necklace, earrings
-Great trendy shoe
Do add one thing at a time. You don't want to go overboard but try new trends with your outfits. Play with the accessories! I love a bold cuff bracelet with a 3/4 sleeve to give your outfit a powerful look! Go for a belt with a dress that is not normally belted. Another idea is take the trendy show and show it off with your last years trousers.


4. Comfort! Comfort! Comfort!
What good is this advice if you are uncomfortable??? 
I think if you are comfortable then you can be confident in yourself. Yes I know.. we love our denim shorts and sweatshirt but sometimes in an inappropriate situation those garments can also make us uncomfortable.
So due away with uncomfortable cuts...uncomfortable heels, skirts or pants you are tugging at..



Fall is my favorite time of year!





I also know that there are many many parties and gatherings that some women are just not comfortable dressing for an occasion and need help picking out the perfect outfit! I can help with this as I am a personal Stylist! Are you the soccer Mom that has a party to attend to with her husband and need help with a dress or outfit so you look like a million bucks! I can HELP!



** when you like us on facebook please let me know and I will send you a code for shipping at my store** Send me a message via facebook or email me at lisathefashionista93@gmail.com 
or forournumber93@gmail.com





I love to see the savings I am giving my customers. I have clients that have money but why be stupid and waste it on something you will wear a few times. I may be crazy but am I the only one that hates wearing clothing more then a few times. Except for jeans.... When I was working in a office I was told by a friend that she has never seen me in the same outfit twice. I thought that was a compliment.
I can help you achieve that. 
I offer a free wardrobe assessment. I will help you with you currently have in your closet and put together looks for you...I also can be hired to shop for you either at stores or at my store. Just email me with questions! I have references available upon request.
lisathefashionista93@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wearable Spring Trends

Welcome to my blog!  I love to talk fashion! I like to let everyone know what I am thinking.. good or bad in what I think is...